Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cloq watching

This isn't anything to do with dementia, but it has a spurious link through clock watching ...Just in case anyone else, like me, is waiting for bags to be delivered by Britiah Airways, I thought I would include Uniqlo's unique clock. (Click on the title to this post and you'll get there.) It's a strangely fascinating Jacques Tati style mix of ballet to Pearl & Dean music, comingled with screen wipes and web time. Love it - it's a "totally cool dude" moment in a Finding Nemo sort of way. I used to travel to Japan regularly and have a great affection for many things in that country, though never could quite get the hang of squid ice-cream.

Living in the provinces, I'm quite accustomed to BA's regular loss of luggage. At the last tally, it was approximately 8 out of 10 trips. Even my children are used to it. Just occasionally, BA score a double, as they did this time, and manage to lose my bags on both outbound and return legs! Irritatingly, when you tracker-check your luggage, BA's website shows them as 'delivered'. What they actually mean is, that the bags (allegedly) have reached the airport to which you were ticketed. Sorry BA, it doesn't compute. What delivered actually means for the rest of us, is that we have our bags in our sticky mits. No baby, no delivery.

But what has changed, is that even when your bags have been 'delivered' to the city where you land, it takes 2 days (and counting) to actually bring them to your door/room. BA says it's the courier. Hard to know what the courier says because they don't pick up the phone. (I guess they're too busy delivering.)

Still, I count myself a lot luckier than the hapless Hungarian who was due to catch a BA flight from Vancouver a couple of days ago. The flight was cancelled and the passengers herded off to a hotel for the night to be bus-ed down to Seattle the next day. The Seattle flight was delayed so we all missed onward connections. Except the Hungarian. He didn't have a visa for the States because he had never intended to go there. As far as I know he's still waiting at the Canadian/US border.

Hope he gets 'delivered' safely. Enjoy the cloq!

No comments: