Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Operator, operator...

Amazingly, the lady from HC did phone back. But then she said she couldn't tell me anything so she would phone back again, even if she couldn't tell me anything then either. A sort of progress report of no progress. OK then. But today's the day, and she hasn't called back even to say that there's no progress. I expect she's been transferred.....Beam me up, Scottie. It would be a relief.

Mum bless her cotton socks is soldiering on woman-fully. I have booked to attend the conference "Have Your Say" for carers. Great idea and lots of carers will hold forth (just like me) but the trouble is, that TPTB are all out to lunch. The lady (another one) told me to call my local carers' centre run by The Princess Royal Trust. They would definitely help and also, to let her know how I got on. Sounded great. So I did. Guess what? Someone would me call back. (No, they didn't since you're asking...!).

And then, huge irritation at the weekend when some local yob yanked off one of the door lights outside and smashed it up. One of our kind neighbours brought it back, having retrieved it from a bin outside the chemist's - but I doubt it can be repaired. H was rude, so I told him to go and apologise. It wasn't her fault that it was mangled.

Off to Spain tomorrow. I had promised to attend about 4 years ago, but circumstances have changed and we can't really afford it. Cost of care for Mum will be £ 500 but at least she is someone who is another Honorary Sunbeam.

No comments: